There is nothing more gratifying than being able to whip up a dessert in less than 5 minutes. Oh wait, there is. If you manage to whip it up with only 3 ingredients you most probably have at home anyway.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is extremely versatile. If you don’t like oreo cookies, you can use any type of cookie you like (digestive biscuits, graham crackers or even plain butter cookies). You could eliminate the junk factor all together by mixing up some nuts with dates as a healthier (less crispy though) alternative. The sky is the limit here.
This is my version of a perfect after dinner treat.
the 5 minute dessert
- 2 oreo cookies
- 200 gr full fat Greek yogurt
- strawberry jam
- dark chocolate shavings (optional but highly advisable)
- Crash the oreo cookies with your hands to the size of your liking and fill 1/3 of a bowl
- Top with the yogurt followed by the strawberry jam
- Decorate with just a hint of dark chocolate shavings
- Serve immediately (otherwise the base tends to get a bis mushy)
- If you like your desserts more on the sweet side, add 1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar to the yogurt
- If you are not fond of strawberry jam use your jam of preference instead