I am 100% a summer gal. I love the sun, the sea, those warm summer nights, I can even tolerate the heat, I am genuinely a happier person during summer. There is only one thing I dislike about it. Mosquitos. Yeap, they are the only living creatures in the world I don’t mind exterminating. Other than that, I could live in summer mode all year round.
Today’s recipe is all about that. You can find the ingredients all year round, it is super easy to prepare, you don’t need an ice cream machine and it is healthier than the regular cookie and cream popsicle. Win win, people.
frozen yogurt oreo popsicles
- 2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oreo cookies
- a handful of frozen raspberries (optional)
- Split the vanilla beat open and scrape out the seeds (or add the vanilla extract in the next step).
- In a bowl mix the yogurt with the condensed milk & the vanilla seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Cut up the oreo cookies to the size of your liking
- Gently fold them into the yogurt mixture
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Add a couple of raspberries (optional)
- Freeze for 5-6 hours
- Once you fill your popsicle with the yogurt mixture run a knife through it to release any air bubbles
- Leave a bit of room at the top of each popsicle as it will expand as it freezes