Do you like chips (or crisps if you’re a Brit)? Of course your do. Let me rephrase, do you have the willpower to just stop at one, or two, or 10? Or are you like me, a.k.a. the chips/crisps addict who will only stop after the entire bag(s) are empty. The only way I won’t go down the sour cream & pepper, salt & vinegar & smoky barbecue road is if I actually don’t buy it in the first place. However, once every couple of months when my sis Alex and I have our movie night get together I let the little food devil do the talking, and live on the wild side. Because movies and snacks my friends.
In my desperate attempt to find a healthier alternative to the oh-so-junk snack I bake my mom’s full of
calories flavor addictive savory biscuits. If you manage to eat just a few, I salute you & envy you. Consider yourselves warned.
olive oil & white wine addictive biscuits
yields around 65-70 biscuits
- 500 gr self raising flour
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all of the above ingredients and form into a dough.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 180 C fan assisted.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough, roll them into ropes and wrap them around your index finger.
- Lay them on your baking pan (no need to use a parchment paper) and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- If you want a milder taste you can use sunflower oil instead
- The biscuits firm up while cooling so don’t be tempted to bake them longer in order to achieve a crispier result