Do you ever find yourself going through food preferences phases? Do you enjoy eating something now that you hated before? I remember hating mushrooms as a kid and only eating ONE kind of cheese. Out of the gazillion kinds of epic cheeses I only ate feta cheese The lightest of all. NOT. So if you feel frustrated now with your tiny human being a picky eater, there is still hope. I can assure you of that.
the cheese devouring queen
Of course there are some foods I have always loved and always will (hello butter). Chicken however, is a different story. I used to like it, then I had a complete aversion to it throughout my 3 pregnancies and for the past year or so I cook it once a week since it tends to be such a crowd pleaser. Although my kids favorites are still the crunchy baked corn flake chicken & the homemade chicken deli I always like to try new things and recently came up with a recipe that has become our new staple. I hope you ‘ll enjoy it as much as we do.
spicy baked chicken drumsticks
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 220 C fan assisted
- Mix the olive oil with the spices to form a paste
- Rub the paste on the drumsticks
- Place the drumsticks on a grill rack and cover the bottom of the oven with aluminium foil (the greasy skin of the drumsticks tends to splatter all over the place while baked).
- Bake the drumsticks until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- I usually dispose of the skins once baked as they are very tasty but quite unhealthy. You could bake them skinless but that would result in dry drumsticks.
- Leftovers (if there are any) are perfect with some lettuce and a lime vinaigrette