I am not particularly a patient person. Especially when it comes to food. If I crave something, I need it… yesterday. You know? However throughout the trillion hours I have spent in my refuge, a.k.a. my kitchen, I have managed to create some fantastic tasting dishes that need just that, patience & nurture in order to reach their full potential. The end result though is what makes the whole
ordeal wait worth it.
Now that I have convinced you that waiting for copper to turn into gold is a good thing, let me share with you the easiest, creamiest, healthiest breakfast you will ever need. The only thing you need to remember is to prepare it the night before and let the fridge do the rest.
Serving size: 2, (or in case of me 1)
- 1/4 cup (old fashioned) rolled oats (NOT fast cooking oats like Quaker)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 vanilla bean split up lengthways
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- a handful of frozen raspberries
Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar, put the lid on & and shake until fully incorporated. Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy
- If you are on a dairy free diet use almond milk instead of cows milk and omit the yogurt completely
- Vanilla beans can be quite expensive, unless you buy in bulk. You could use vanilla extract instead but it won’t taste nearly as good.
- Remove the vanilla bean, rinse it under cold running water, let it air dry and add it to your sugar container to make your own flavored vanilla sugar